McMinnville Water & Light has a Bulk Water Fill Station located at the end of NE Colvin Court in the McMinnville Industrial Park. The fill station may be used by customers who have been pre-approved to fill bulk water containers, tanks or trucks. Customers wanting to purchase bulk water must sign up for this service at the McMinnville Water & Light office located at 855 NE Marsh Lane, McMinnville, OR 97128. Once approved, you will be issued an electronic card allowing access to the fill station. Please note that all customers must have an electronic card in order to access our fill station. If you have not picked up your card, would like an additional card, or have any other fill station-related questions, please call: (503) 472-6919, ext. 5.
Bulk Water Fill Station Charges
A customer processing charge will be applied to the first bill, and monthly charges will be billed as indicated below until service is terminated.
- Customer Processing Charge (added to first bill): $28.00
- Monthly Customer Charge: $18.50
- Water Consumption Charges:
- First 1,000 cubic feet: $3.4659 per 100 cubic feet
- Over 1,000 cubic feet: $3.9420 per 100 cubic feet
Accessing the Bulk Water Fill Station
You must provide your own hose to connect to the fill station hydrant, which has a 2 ½” NST (National Standard Threads) male outlet. This outlet will accept a standard 2 ½” fire hose coupling, which is available for purchase through McMinnville Water & Light. You may also purchase these items online at Pollard Water, USA Bluebook, or Grainger.
Unlocking the Fill Station
- Use your assigned MW&L Bulk Water Fill Station electronic card to unlock both the cabinet and the fill station hydrant lid by placing the electronic card up to the black card reader located on the right side of the cabinet.
- The red light on the card reader will turn green and beep to confirm the service has been unlocked. Open both the cabinet and the fill station hydrant lid. Note: The cabinet and hydrant cover will automatically lock after one minute.
Fill Station Cabinet
Inside the cabinet is the following:
- A remote register which displays the water meter reading.
- A clipboard with sheets to record the date, your name, your company’s name, your address, beginning water meter reading and ending water meter reading.
Procedures for Use
1. Record the date, your name, your company’s name, your address, and beginning water meter reading on the sheet provided.
- To read the meter:
- Tap meter where indicated
- Record meter reading (First number displayed) e.g. “RD 000000”
2. Using the wheel handle provided, ensure the fill station hydrant is fully closed by turning the operating nut on top of the hydrant in a clockwise direction. Do not use excessive torque when turning the wheel on top of the hydrant to open or close it.
3. Remove the cap from the fill station hydrant outlet by turning the wheel handle counter clockwise. Do not stand in front of the outlet when removing the cap as pressure may be released when opening the cap.
4. Connect the appropriate adapter (provided) and connect your hose to the adapter.
5. Before connecting the hose to your bulk water container, tank, or truck, use the wheel handle to slowly open the fill station hydrant (by turning counter clockwise) to release any air and to flush water through your hose. It is recommended to flush water for a minimum of 30 seconds.
6. Slowly close the fill station hydrant and connect your hose to your bulk water container, tank, or truck.
7. Slowly open the fill station hydrant and fill your bulk water container, tank or truck.
8. When filling is complete, slowly close the fill station hydrant.
9. Remove your hose from the fill station hydrant outlet.
10. Remove the adapter (if used). Place adapter inside the storage box and replace the hydrant cap.
11. Record the ending water meter reading on the sheet provided.
12. Close the fill station hydrant lid. Verify the lid is locked and secure.
13. Close the cabinet door and press firmly to secure. Verify the cabinet door is locked and secure.
Fill Station Damage
Please report any damage or problems using the Bulk Water Fill Station to McMinnville Water & Light at (503) 472-6919, ext. 5.
If you no longer use the station, please notify MW&L and your account will be inactivated. If you want to sign up for service again in the future, you will be charged a Customer Processing Fee as found in the MW&L Rate Schedule Misc-1 (PDF).