Customers Helping Customers is a program that helps families and individuals who, because of unfortunate events, find it impossible to pay their utility bills. Whether the difficulties are caused by medical bills, job loss, or they simply live on low fixed income, together we can make a difference!
How can you help?
You can help by either making a monthly or a one-time donation to the fund. For every dollar that is donated, McMinnville Water and Light and the City of McMinnville will match your donation. Funds are distributed through St. Vincent de Paul.
The program relies on customer donations and distributes thousands of dollars per year to customers struggling to keep the lights on and water flowing.
How does CHC work?
- It helps our neighbors overcome temporary times of crisis by providing money to pay their utility bills.
- Donations come from MW&L customers and employees.
- MW&L will match three dollars for every dollar contributed to the fund up to a max match of $20,000 per calendar year.
- The City of McMinnville has also pledged to match one dollar for every dollar contributed up to a max match of $20,000.
- Program funds are administered and disbursed through St. Vincent de Paul.
- 100% of your contributions go to helping needy families with no hidden costs or fees to administer the program.
- Contributions may be tax deductible. Please review with your tax advisor.