May 21, 2020 PRESS RELEASE COVID‐19 (Coronavirus) Update
McMinnville Water and Light Extends Emergency Declaration
McMinnville Water and Light has been closely monitoring the developments surrounding the COVID‐19 pandemic
and responded with several precautionary measures to protect the health and safety of customers and
employees. Based on direction and guidance from local, state, and national authorities, MW&L has taken the
- The McMinnville Water & Light Commission extended their emergency declaration with regard to the
operation of the water and electric plants to June 17, 2020. Under this declaration:
- Disconnections for non‐payment for residential customers are suspended.
- Late charges and delinquency processing charges for all residential customers are being waived.
- The $3.95 convenience fee for payment with credit cards, debit cards, and e‐checks are being
- The main office lobby was closed to the public on March 18, 2020, until further notice. MW&L is not able
to re‐open the lobby under the phase 1 re‐opening Oregon plan issued by Governor Brown due to the
physical distancing requirements. However, customer service staff is AVAILABLE in the office during
business hours (M‐Th 7:00 am‐5:30 pm) to answer your questions via phone (503‐472‐6158) or email
(moc.rewop‐cm@eciffo). We continue to have crews working in the field to ensure the reliability of your
electric and water service, and they are available and ready to respond to emergencies 24/7. Although
our field employees (crews, meter readers, engineering staff, etc.) always appreciate a friendly wave, we
want to remind the public of the importance of keeping a safe and social distance while they work to
maintain our critical electric and water systems.
- Payment Assistance‐ MW&L has a Customers Helping Customers (CHC) program that was designed to help
residential customers overcome a temporary time of crisis by providing assistance to pay their utility bills.
The program is funded by customer donations, with matching funds provided by MW&L and the City of
McMinnville. If you are having difficulty making your payment, please contact us (503‐472‐6158) for more
information on resources available to assist you in making your payment.
The following PAYMENT options are available:
- Dropboxes located at: 855 NE Marsh Lane parking lot and the City parking lot located at 2nd & Cowls St.
(Please DO NOT place cash in the dropboxes).
- Online using SmartHub. SmartHub is our online payment gateway that can be accessed from your
smartphone with a free app or via your computer with a web browser. You can pay your bill, check your
usage, compare past usage and more (The $3.95 Convenience Fee is being waived until further notice).
- Pay by Phone‐ 1‐844‐843‐6846 using a Visa or Mastercard (The $3.95 Convenience Fee is being waived
until further notice).
- SmartBill (EFT)‐ With this free service, your bank, savings and loan, or credit union will automatically pay
your McMinnville Water and Light utility bills directly from your account.
- By Mail: Send payment to PO Box 638, McMinnville, OR 97128.
For further information regarding this press release, please contact Community Relations Coordinator Trena
McManus at (503) 435-3113.