Position Opening Announcement
July 8, 2020
Position: Payroll Administrator / Accounting Clerk
Recruitment Dates: July 8, 2020 – July 31, 2020. Applications must be received by 5:00 p.m. on the closing date.
We’re looking for a Payroll Administrator/ Accounting Clerk to process our semi-monthly payroll, and process all accounts payable transactions for our utility. This position has a high degree of interaction with internal customers. Must be able to demonstrate excellent customer service.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING HERE?
- Payroll administration.
- Accounts payable processing.
- Work with internal customers, and seek solutions to issues.
- Work with systems unique to the utility, including union contract provisions, work order coding, budgets, and audits.
- Stay current on laws for compliance to determine impacts on the payroll system.
- Prepare and file required reports and payments.
- Prioritize work to meet deadlines; use time efficiently; set goals and objectives.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- In-the-trenches payroll or accounting expertise.
- In-depth understanding of state/ federal wage laws.
- Someone who can manage multiple projects and deadlines, and switch priorities seamlessly.
- Outstanding internal customer focus: results oriented with a positive attitude.
- Someone with a perfecting nature, who isn’t happy until they get it right.
- Excellent people skills.
- Someone who can operate both in a team environment, and independently.
- Proficiency in various software programs including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- High aptitude for learning new things, detail oriented, and analytical.
WHAT DO WE HAVE TO OFFER?
- Established in 1889, MW&L has a strong reputation as a financially sound, reliable utility.
- Our 60 employees work together to deliver water and electricity to the City of McMinnville. You will be part of this team.
- MW&L offers excellent benefits and an attractive wage. Annual hourly wage: $23.48 - $31.47/ hour.
- Our benefits include Oregon State Retirement (PERS), a deferred compensation plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance, HRA\VEBA, vacation and sick leave, holiday pay, life/AD&D, short- and long-term disability and supplemental life insurance.
- MW&L is currently trying out a 4-10 schedule (M-Th) for the summer, and this schedule may continue beyond the summer.
In order to be considered for the selection process, applicants must have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Associate's Degree in Accounting, Business, Human Resources or related field.
- Minimum five years’ work experience in payroll, accounting, or related field.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience may be qualifying.
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Payroll Certification is desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Before applying, please read the Payroll Administrator/ Accounting Clerk job description in full to learn about qualifications for the position. Please apply for the job electronically at www.mc-power.com/career/payroll-administrator/app/. A resume and cover letter (2-page maximum each) are required, and you will be asked to upload them as part of the application. Supplemental Questions specific to the job have been added to the online application.
Equal Opportunity Employer