Position Opening Announcement
November 15th, 2021
Position: Customer Service Representative
Recruitment Dates: First review of applications is 11/29/2021. Position is open until filled.
Hourly Wage: $20.66-27.41 per hour with COLA increase 1/1/2022.
We’re looking for a Customer Service Representative to assist customers on the phone or at the front counter. Our CSRs serve a valuable role in our utility by providing a positive first impression through friendly and courteous service while performing efficient and accurate transactions.
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING HERE?
- Front line customer service.
- Assist utility customers by phone and in person regarding changes in service, billing inquiries, payment arrangements, and other utility services.
- Handle cash with confidence.
- Listen to our customer’s concerns and show empathy while resolving their issue.
- Perform work in one of four responsibility areas: cash, service orders, billing, or credit.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- You love helping and connecting with people.
- You have office experience in a complex, fast-moving environment.
- You can multi-task using several windows applications at once while assisting a customer.
- Constant interruptions don’t phase you; you can adapt to change.
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on your feet and enjoys a challenge.
- You bring a collaborative spirit to the team.
- You are technically savvy, detail oriented, and have a high aptitude for learning new things.
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT US
- Established in 1889, MW&L has a strong reputation as a financially sound, reliable utility.
- Our 63 employees work together to deliver water and electricity to the City of McMinnville. You will be part of this team.
- MW&L offers excellent benefits and an attractive wage. Hourly wage: $20.66 - $27.41/ hour with COLA increase 1/1/2022.
- MW&L is open Monday – Thursday, 7:00 am to 5:30 pm. MW&L is closed on Fridays.
- Our benefits include Oregon State Retirement (PERS), a deferred compensation plan, medical, dental, and vision insurance, HRA\VEBA, vacation and sick leave, holiday pay, life/AD&D, short- and long-term disability and supplemental life insurance.
In order to be considered for the selection process, applicants must have the following:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum one year of customer service experience.
- One-year experience using MS Office Suite software in office environment (school training may substitute).
- Ability to pass a background check.
- Type 40 WPM.
- Post-Secondary education and Spanish language skills are desirable.
HOW TO APPLY
Before applying, please read the Customer Service Representative job description in full to learn about qualifications for the position. Please apply for the job electronically at www.mc-power.com/career/app/. A resume and cover letter (2-page maximum each) are required, and you will be asked to upload them as part of the application.
Equal Opportunity Employer